Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners

grain

This perpetual calendar includes:

• Remarkable testimonies of souls won to the Savior
  • Explanations of gospel concepts
  • Answers to frequently-asked questions
  • Stories of real-life witnessing opportunities
  • Encouragements and tips for sharing the glorious gospel

March 1

Posted by on Mar 1, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

Good works can be an effective handmaiden to the Good News. You are indeed a profitable Christian if everyone is glad to see you coming, if eyes light up at your approach, especially if little children love to be with you and are sorry when you must go. You are a profitable Christian if you are making happy those whom Christ came to make happy—particularly the poor, the sick, the lonely, the sorrowing, the sinful, the oppressed. These six classes of people were closest to the heart of Jesus, because their need was the greatest; and He is best pleased when they are closest to the hearts of His disciples. Care for these and your lives will exhibit the pure gold of the kingdom of heaven. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Eph 2:10). Christ “gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works” (Titus 2:14).

Today’s Reading: Joshua 6-8   Memorize: Isaiah 1:18

February 28

Posted by on Feb 28, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

When witnessing, don’t be surprised to meet believers who are shaken in their faith by some tragedy that baffles them. They are tempted to doubt God’s love or wisdom. George Henderson tells of a believer who said: “I often remember my first year at college, when I was having difficulty with math. After two or three hours of study, I found it hard to think clearly or even to keep awake. At length I thought the matter out to two reasonably certain conclusions. From then on, I worked hard till I found myself getting sleepy; then, turning out my light, I went cheerfully to bed. The two things that were clear: the answer in the book was right, and I could solve the problem in the morning. That experience comes to me again and again when I face the deep mysteries of life and grow weary in seeking to understand them. But I know that, after the darkness, I shall wake here or in the world to come and discover that the answer in the Book was right” (see Jn 13:7).

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 34; Joshua 1-2  Memorize: Ecclesiastes 7:2

February 27

Posted by on Feb 27, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

While speaking on the Bible’s inspiration and the many prophecies fulfilled by the Messiah, one detractor advanced the theory that Christ planned His actions based on the Messianic program. I replied: “Did Judas arrange to betray Jesus for thirty pieces of silver to fulfill the prophecy (Zech 11:12)? And after Judas hanged himself, who arranged for a potter’s field to be bought with the money? And how, while hanging on the Cross, did Jesus persuade the soldiers to divide His outer garments and cast lots for His inner robe (Ps 22:18)? Did His enemies gave Him vinegar to drink in order to fulfill Psalm 69? If your theory is to hold good, you must also explain how it was that, after Jesus was dead, the soldiers decided not to break His legs, as they did to the two thieves by His side. Did they act as accomplices with Jesus in thrusting a spear into His side (Zech 12:10)?” The force of the evidence “stopped” his mouth (Titus 1:11) and opened his ears to the truth.—Arthur Gook

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 31-33   Memorize: Ecclesiastes 2:11

February 26

Posted by on Feb 26, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

“Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” (Rom 5:20). About the year 1900, evangelist Peter Bilhorn received a song, “The Bird with the Broken Wing.” Using the idea that “The bird with the broken pinion Never soars as high again,” it warned that a “life that sin had stricken, Never soared as high again.” About that time he was invited to preach in the Iowa State Prison. When asked to sing at close, he used that song. When he finished, a young man said, “Chaplain, if that’s true, there’s no hope for us.” Bilhorn realized his blunder, and so wrote this verse: “The soul that comes to Jesus Is saved from every sin; By the grace He freely gives you, You shall higher soar again.” Thankfully he was invited back to the prison and rectified his mistake. Nearly 20 years later, he met the man who had asked if the song was true, now a believer, who told Bilhorn he was saved the night the preacher corrected the song. “By God’s grace,” he said, “one can soar higher again.”

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 28-30  Memorize: Proverbs 30:4

February 25

Posted by on Feb 25, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

John Stott writes: “Note the recognizable sequence in the Gospels. When Jesus saw someone in need He had compassion, and when He had compassion He invariably acted. His compassion was aroused by the sight of need, and always issued in the alleviation of need. What His eye saw, His heart felt; and what His heart felt, His hand touched. Divine love is active.” This is how Richard Baxter put it: “Let us hear these arguments of Christ whenever we feel ourselves grow dull and careless: ‘Did I die for them, and will you not look after them? Were they worth My blood, and are they not worth your labor? Did I come down from heaven to earth, to seek and save that which was lost; and will you not go to the next door or street to seek them? How small is your labor and condescension as to Mine? Have I done and suffered so much for their salvation; and was I willing to make you a co-worker with Me, and will you refuse the little that lies in your hands?’”

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 25-27  Memorize: Proverbs 28:13

February 24

Posted by on Feb 24, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

H.P. Barker was visiting the doors when he asked a man, “Are you able to say, ‘My sins, which are many, are forgiven?’” ‘Oh no, I don’t think anyone can speak positively on that.” “What place do you attend on Sundays?” He pointed to the parish church. “Why, sir, every Sunday you repeat in that ancient creed, ‘I believe in the forgiveness of sins.’ Whose sins do you believe in the forgiveness of?” He was silent for a moment, and then said, “I never looked at it like that.” I opened my Bible at 1 John 2:12 and handed it to him. He read, “I write to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.” “God sent His Son to be our Savior. On Calvary’s cross He took our place, and our judgment was poured on Him. Thus He made atonement to God for sin by His own blood. “Now God sends us this message, ‘Be it known unto you…that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins: and by Him all who believe are justified from all things’ (Acts 13:38-39).”

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 20-24  Memorize: Proverbs 18:24

February 23

Posted by on Feb 23, 2021 in Seed Thoughts for Soul Winners | 0 comments

“Andrew…first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah.”…And he brought him to Jesus” (Jn 1:40-42).
“One of His disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, said to Him, ‘There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish’…” (Jn 6:8-9).
“Certain Greeks…came to Philip…saying, ‘Sir, we wish to see Jesus.’ Philip came and told Andrew, and in turn Andrew and Philip told Jesus” (Jn 12:20-22).
A.P. Gibbs writes: “Andrew is a picture of the personal worker. He is mentioned three times, and each time he is described as bringing someone to Christ. There is a vast difference between being evangelical and being evangelistic. The former may be sound doctrinally and sound asleep at the same time. It has been calculated that if 100 believers each brought one soul to Christ each year, and each soul won, in turn, brought another to Christ each year, and so on, in 25 years over 1.5 billion souls would be saved!”

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 17-19   Memorize: Proverbs 14:34